Junior leadership team
The current Junior Leadership Team
Meet the Team
What responsibilities and functions have the current team been involved in?
- The organisation/supervision of the canteen during lunch times
- The supervision and distribution of the senior prefects along with year 11 prefects
- Delivery of whole school assemblies (to Houses)
- Providing guided tours of the school to any guests
- Interview panel for candidates applying for teaching positions within the school (including interviewing Mr Minchin, our new Headteacher).
- Regular meetings with the Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher
- Providing both peer and academic mentoring
- Organisation of the Christmas charity week (involving a whole range of activities for students during breaks, lunch and after school)
- The organisation of the fund raising week at Easter
- The design and development of the memorial garden by the canteen
- Displays in corridors
- Running the debating society
- Publicising school events (through BBC and ITV news as well as the Kent Messenger newspaper)
- Assistance during evening events
- Making presentations to parents of students in the School
- Assisting with Induction days
- The organisation of staff/6th form quizzes
How did they become part of the Junior leadership team?
The candidates put their names forward to join the team and then they have one week to canvass voters. The candidates then make a short presentation in an assembly and the students make a vote based on these.
Want to be a part of it?
The Elections for the 2015-16 School year will take place in April/May 2015. Year 12/13 students are invited to apply for the position of senior prefect in September. Applicants are interviewed by Mr Leadbetter and the Headteacher. In return the student gains significant leadership experience and develop all round interpersonal skills that will support their progression to University and ultimately into employment. The senior prefects are also entitled to a meal on their duty days and receive a monthly payment (based on the number of duty days they undertake).
Year 11 Prefects
New year 11 students are also invited to apply for the position of prefect in September of each year. Applicants are interviewed by Mr Leadbetter and another member of the leadership team. Successful year 11 students can have a free school meal each day they carry out a duty.