The Junior Leadership Team
All Year 12 and 13 students are invited to apply for positions on the JLT.
The JLT are seen as an additional layer to the leadership team and may carry out various duties that include:
- Canteen duty at break and lunchtime.
- Year 7 and Year 8 disco.
- Christmas fund raising week to raise money to improve the school environment. Activities include a tag day and cake sale.
- Organising and running a School Talent Show.
- Running an after school debate quiz club for Years 7-10.
- Aiding staff at the school’s Option Evening Events where JLT students work in subject areas and the Head Boy/Head Girl gave speeches to parents.
- Holding meetings with School Governors to talk about a range of school topics.
- Assisting with interviewing prospective job applicants.
Clubs and Societies
Students are encouraged to join existing clubs and societies within the school or to establish their own. Recent societies launched by senior students include the RNS Debate Society and the Psychology Club, both successful clubs open to students throughout the school. For those students with a passion for sport, we are delighted to offer access to the on-site sporting facilities.
Question Time Event
Each year, the Citizenship and Politics department run a school Question Time event, aimed at students of all ages. Local representatives from the world of business, politics, justice and media are invited to sit as panellists to answer the questions posed by students in the audience. Students in the Sixth Form are encouraged to attend and contribute as a way of broadening their understanding of current events on a local, national and global scale, while also meeting and networking with key local representatives.
Duke of Edinburgh Award
Students have the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh award. This is a great opportunity designed to broaden student horizons, whilst developing a completely new skillset which students can take with them into their chosen careers.
The Duke of Edinburgh award is highly regarded by Further Education Institutions, Higher Education Institutions and employers alike.