The Junior Leadership Team
What kind of work are the JLT involved in?
- The organisation/supervision of the canteen during lunch times
- Delivery of whole school assemblies (to Houses)
- Providing guided tours of the school to any guests
- Interview panel for candidates applying for teaching positions within the school
- Regular meetings with the Headteacher and Assistant Headteachers
- Providing both peer and academic mentoring
- Organisation of the Christmas charity week (involving a whole range of activities for students during breaks, lunch and after school)
- The organisation of the fundraising week at Easter
- The design and development of the memorial garden by the canteen
- Displays in corridors
- Running the debating society
- Publicising school events (through BBC and ITV news as well as the Kent Messenger newspaper)
- Assistance during evening events
- Making presentations to parents of students in the school
- Assisting with induction days
- The organisation of staff/6th form quizzes
How did they become part of the Junior leadership team?
The candidates put their names forward to join the team and then they have one week to canvass voters. The candidates then make a short presentation in an assembly and the students make a vote based on these.