The Student Council
The Student Council is the representative body of all students within the school. The Council is made up of students from Years 7-11, with the Chairperson from Year 13. The Council meets weekly, and works on projects and surveys within the school that are then fed back to the school’s Senior Leadership Team. Students within the Student Council are seen as leaders in the school, and membership of the Council normally leads to students applying to join the school’s Junior Leadership Team when they are in the Sixth Form.
The Student Council has the following mission statement: ‘The council aims to channel students’ opinions to the rest of the school and academy trust.’
The Student Council aims to:
- create a positive school atmosphere
- create a caring school environment, which is supportive and inclusive
- be the vehicle for student participation
- create educational opportunities for students
- provide a valuable resource to management, teachers and other students
Should you wish to contact the Student Council, please contact the Chair via the main school office.